Happy New Year! With the new year comes the urgency to create goals and resolutions. Make sure you make smart goals but do not use the S.M.A.R.T. method. As I will explain in the video, the S.M.A.R.T. system does not work.
1. We set goals because we don’t yet have what it is that we are trying to achieve.
2. We don’t have what we are trying to achieve because we don’t have the necessary patterns that will take the necessary actions to achieve that goal.
3. We are not in control of our actions, our patterns are.
4. Therefore the only way to take a different action is to create a different pattern.
5. Goal setting, therefore, becomes a way to shine a light on our unworkable patterns so that we can remove them, replace them with new ones and in this way effortlessly get to our goals.